Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Three Playoff Success Pointers

After watching the latest round of playoff games, I think I should give my pointers on success in the playoffs.

Point One

A good offensive line is a must to last a long while in the playoffs.

Case in point, the seahawks .. Lucky to have Russell Wilson able to make plays while scrambling all over. The Hawks better do something about that line.

Point Two

You need a quarterback to at at least  manage the game, and put the team in a good spot to win games. Cerebral is quite underrated as a trait for a playoff winning qb.

Example-Trent Dilfer. How he has a ring still mystifies me :) I bet he thanks the Ravens D that they had, on every Thanksgiving. And Jamal Lewis.

Point Three

What worked in getting a team into the playoffs will probably still work, but be prepared for wrinkles.

Example- The Pats loss in the 18-1 season, in the super bowl. I think they underestimated the strength of the Giants D especially the d-line. They didn't give Brady enough protection and that led him to being punished quite a bit. Watching the game when Brady attempted the Pats futile final drive, I could see he was fearful of getting sacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment